Terms Of Service
Last updated August 21, 2023
2. Registration. Anyone may visit hatcbox.io and access some materials, but to use many features of Hatchbox you must register as a Hatchbox user (“User”) and create an account by selecting login credentials (username and password) and providing us with accurate contact information and other information about yourself.
3. Using Hatchbox. You can use hatcbox.io as a visitor or User to access to learning materials and the tools to build, deploy, and manage Ruby on Rails based applications, purchase subscriptions, communicate with GoRails and others, and post Feedback and User Content. As a User, you may access to certain limited aspects of Hatchbox to build and deploy applications (each a “User Application”) for free or you can subscribe to enhanced access and use of Hatchbox for the fee stated when you signup. Most of Hatchbox require registration and payment of a fee.
For the avoidance of doubt, your license under this section permits you to use Hatchbox to develop your own User Application(s), but the license does not permit you to sublicense Hatchbox or to resell or commercialize the Services. Hatchbox and the Services are licensed to you as specified hereunder, not sold. Except in accordance with this Section 5, GoRails does not grant you any interests in, or ownership of, Hatchbox or hatcbox.io or any other Services, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by GoRails. Your license grant hereunder shall automatically terminate upon the termination or expiration of these Terms.
6. User Application. As a User, you may use Hatchbox build one or more User Applications pursuant to the terms and conditions of your subscription. You own all right, title and interest in and to your User Application(s), including without limitation all images, illustrations, designs, photographs, video clips, text, graphics, icons, designs, software code, written information and screens appearing therein, and other materials, as well as names, logos, taglines, trade dress, and other trademarks therein. GoRails does not control and is in no way responsible for, and will incur no liability related to, your User Application or any contents, features, functionality, or use thereof. You agree to provide support for your User Application. For the avoidance of doubt, as between GoRails and a User, the User is solely responsible for all (i) licensing or sale of the User Application and (ii) end user activity on the User Application and the outcomes of such use.
You are solely responsible for your User Application. In the event of a security incident related to your User Application but unrelated to the Services or our information systems ("Security Incident"), you are solely responsible for the detection of and response to such Security Incident, you have no obligation to report such Security Incident to GoRails, and you are solely responsible for releasing public comment or statement with respect to such Security Incident.
10. Servers. To use most of Hatchbox you must have your own server. You are solely responsible for your own server and for maintaining the security of your server. GoRails does not guarantee and shall have no liability for any security breaches or data breaches of a User’s servers, even if those servers were initially created and provisioned by GoRails. Users are solely responsible for the preservation of User Applications and all other content and data (collectively, “User Data”) which User saves onto its server. Even with respect to User Data as to which User contracts for backup services provided by GoRails, GoRails shall have no responsibility to preserve User Data. GoRails shall have no liability for any User Data that may be lost in any manner or for any reason. You further agree that GoRails is not responsible for any additional fees charged to your credit card by third-party server providers such as DigitalOcean, Linode, Amazon, or Rackspace. You are solely responsible for any third-party server provider fees that you incur through your use of Hatchbox.
13. Amendment. We may amend these Hatchbox Terms from time to time by updating this page as evidenced by revising the “Last Updated” date noted at the top of this posting. Once you accept these Terms, the then-current version shall apply each time you access or use of Hatchbox or hatcbox.io, as applicable.
14. Term and Termination. The term of these Terms starts on the first day you access or use Hatchbox and hatcbox.io or register as a User on Hatchbox, whichever is earliest, and continues until you discontinue all use of Hatchbox and hatcbox.io or until otherwise terminated as provided herein. If you purchase a subscription, unless otherwise stated at the time of subscription the subscription will automatically renew at the conclusion of each subscription term if you do not first cancel or change your subscription. You may terminate these Terms by notifying GoRails in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org and ceasing all use of Hatchbox and hatcbox.io. GoRails may terminate your access to all or any part of the GoRails Property at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your User account. All provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.